We are looking for Allied Health professionals who would like to work with children and young people aged 0-18 years with additional needs in the beautiful Port Macquarie. Services may include 1:1 intervention, group intervention, consultation or home programming for acquired or developmental delays and disorders. The position requires you to work independently in a transdiciplinary or multidisciplinary manner. Home visiting may be required.
Applicants should have a commitment to evidence based practice principles and an understanding of best practice in early childhood intervention. Applicants should also demonstrate an ability to work in a mobile service and use a family centred and strength based approaches.
· Degree in Allied Health eg Occupational Therapy or Speech Pathology
· Current Registration with Australian professional association eg Speech Pathology Australia or AHPRA
· Paediatric experience - at least 2 years or willingness to learn
· Strong understanding of typical and atypical child development (0-18 years);
· Understanding and awareness of the guidelines and minimum requirements identified by Occupational Therapy Australia or Speech Pathology Australia;
· Understanding of, and ability to implement, occupational therapy or speech pathology support based on family centeredness;
· The philosophy of inclusion and associated practice;
· Current early childhood development theory and practice, including cross cultural perspectives;
· Ability to provide and implement practical strategies to facilitate child development;
· Capacity building approaches that utilise collaboration, reflective and strength based practice.
· Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication, negotiation and coaching skills including the ability to consult with relevant staff, teams and professionals to achieved improved outcomes for children, young people and families
· Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills, active listening, empathy, social awareness and emotional intelligence in verbal communications;
· Highly developed written communication skills;
· Ability to organise time and use tools effectively to assist planning and organising;
· Intermediate level of competence with information technology
· Must have own registered vehicle as travel in the Port Macquarie area is required
Newly refurbished with handy on site parking. Located at the centre of a population boom