Tamworth Aboriginal Medical Service has an exciting opportunity for a General Practitioner to provide whole of person, comprehensive, coordinated and continued general practice services for individuals, families and communities through the Tamworth Aboriginal Medical Service (TAMS).
This position is fully supported with an experienced team of professional health staff and managed by the CEO of TAMS. The service opens five days a week and there are no on call or week end shifts.
This position can be either full or part time and the successful applicant will be rewarded for their dedication, passion and commitment with an attractive remuneration package to match your skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send CV and covering letter to
PO Box 253
Tamworth, NSW 2340
or email DamionB@tams.org.au
Phone contact: 0419 789 685
Applications Close: Friday 8th February 2019 at 5pm.
The successful applicant would need to have the following skills:
· Full Registration with APHRA
· Knowledge of the medical issues facing the local Aboriginal community.
· Current personal Professional Indemnity Insurance.
· FRACGP or FACRRM
· Sound General Practice medical skills for whole of life care including General Medicine, Aboriginal Health, Chronic Disease, Paediatrics, Mental Health, Women’s Health, and Men’s Health.
· Willingness to supervise GP Registrars, as required.
Community Controlled Aboriginal Medical Service.
Team consisting of Social Worker, 5 GPs, 3 RNs, Aboriginal Health Worker, Transport Driver, Practice Manager, Mental Health Team, ATOD team, 5 Administration staff, Access and Support staff and lots of visiting specialists including Optom, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Paediatrician, Mums and Bubs midwifery service, ENT, Speech Therapist, Podiatrist, Dietician and Diabetes Educator
Attractive remuneration package to match your skills, qualifications and experience.
1/180 Peel StreetTamworth, NSW, 2340