have an excellent opportunity for VR GP’s to join their great team. This centre is well established and provides widespread services to Armidale and surrounding districts.
Enclosed is a full profile of the location, medical centre, doctors, job requirements and what Integral Health Armidale can offer you. The current General Practitioners give an excellent insight to the medical centre both from a doctor’s perspective and a patient’s perspective.
For a confidential discussion regarding the position, please email email@example.com or telephone 0438 456 460.
· Registration as a General Practitioner in Australia;
· Vocational registration as a General Practitioner.
Essential skills required
· Strong interpersonal communication;
· Active listening;
· Clinical competence with a commitment to life-long learning;
· Comfort with computerised patient management systems;
· A ‘cool head’ in emergency situations.
To provide high level clinical care
· Providing skilled health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services (including contraception) to patients both inpatient and outpatients;
· Ordering diagnostic tests as needed, checking and following-up of results in a timely manner;
· Referring patients appropriately to other providers if their needs exceed the range of care you are able to provide;
· Consulting and collaborating with colleagues to provide optimal care;
· Documenting all care provided and education/information given to patients within their medical health record, as per professional and practice standards/protocols; RACGP 5th Accreditation Standards
To maintain good medical practice
· Maintaining professional knowledge and standards through fulfilling the requirements of the RACGP-administered Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program every triennium;
· Involvement in peer review activities and registrar and medical student teaching;
· Participating in annual performance appraisal and seeing work and personal goals for the coming year;
· Having a working knowledge of legislation that affects medical practice.
· Understanding and implementing the Australian Medical Council – Good Medical Practice guidelines; and other codes of conduct relative to your professional association/s (AMA, RACGP);
· Providing services courteously and respectfully, with regard to the cultural beliefs and needs of patients;
· Responding openly to complaints or feedback.
Protect all patients
· Recognising when you are unwell or overburdened and taking action;
· Reporting as required by legislation when you believe patients or their families or public are at significant risk;
· Consulting, supporting and, if needed, reporting, colleagues who you feel are not competent
· Understanding and abiding by the Medical Board of Australia’s Guidelines for Mandatory Notifications;
· Maintain professional indemnity insurance to cover up to $AUD20million in claims.
Working collaboratively with colleagues
· Working constructively and harmoniously with other members of the practice’s team to ensure patients receive optimal care;
· Leading or delegating appropriately within the team;
· Collaborating in regard to roster development and providing cover to ensure patients’ needs are met. This includes collaborating with the Practice Manager to arrange annual leave.
Maintaining integrity in professional practice
· Making honest claims for services provided to Medicare and other service funders;
· Charging for consultations in line with the practice policy by annotating correctly on Medical Director;
· Declaring vested interests in services that you may be referring to;
· Returning phone calls and practice emails.
Providing certificates and other documents
· Completing insurance and other reports within two (2) weeks of receipt;
· Sending referral letters within one (1) week of receiving request;
· Completing event/incident forms as per practice policy; i.e. Incident Reports
· Clearing in-boxes daily and delegating this task if absent;
· Participate in the Duty Doctor roster system in the attached Acute ward
· Admitting rights to Integral Health Hospital
Using Integral Health systems
· Using the patient information system Best Practice effectively;
· Demonstrating a working knowledge of company policy with regard to clinical practice as described in the Integral Health Policy and Procedure Manual;
· Using the practice intranet/messaging system;
· Reporting ‘events’ or untoward incidents as per professional standards and practice policy;
· Practicing medicine in a way that reflects the practice’s values and mission.
Integral Health’s practitioners offer traditional GP services for patients of all ages. Many of our GP’s have areas of interest and expertise such as women’s health, children’s health, men’s health, ante-natal care, medical education, skin procedures and integrative health. Integrative health combines mainstream medical therapies with reliable evidence based complementary therapies focusing on all aspects of a patient’s health. Integrative health is a new way of understanding health and sickness that focuses on the whole person: the body, mind and spirit along with the environment and relationship with others. This centre has recently undergone an expansion with beautiful interior and furnishings.
Integral Health also provides services with the following Allied Health professionals:
· Clinical Psychologist
· Clinical Pharmacist