General Practitioner and Visiting Medical Officer - Rural Medical Clinic and Manilla Multipurpose Service
The Rural Medical Clinic, Manilla and Hunter New England Local Health District is seeking the services of a General Practitioner to service the primary health care needs of the Manilla community and provide essential emergency and after hours support of the Manilla Multi Purpose Service.
You will be working with an experienced and dedicated team of rural health professionals in private practice with the Rural Medical Clinic. RMC is a long standing General Practice of 5 General Practitioners servicing the Manilla community and surrounds. Our team consists of three Registered Nurses and admin support. RMC is an accredited training practice and engage GP Registrars on a continual basis.
RMC provides a number of Allied Health services including physiotherapy, exercise physiology, psychology, dietetics and Aboriginal Chronic Disease Credentialed Diabetes Educator. We also have a visiting General Surgeon visiting our Practice monthly. RMC delivers a holistic approach to healthcare, providing diverse comprehensive care for health and well-being, focusing on prevention and health promotion.
Our commitment to the local community includes providing emergency and after hours care at the Manilla Multipurpose Service as a Visiting Medical Officer.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist (General Practice), and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in (General Practice) at the role delineation of the service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.