About the practice
An exciting opportunity to join this growing and successful practice in one of Newcastle’s great local villages.
Become a valued member of this privately owned, fully accredited GP practice delivering quality medical care. This busy growing practice has 18 GPs and a total of over 60 employees. This is a wonderful career opportunity for an experienced practice manager to join the team and to support business growth and ensure delivery of consistently smooth and accurate performance across the whole patient experience.
This position leads the day-to-day running and operations of the business providing appropriate guidance, support and expert advice to all staff with a focus on strong people leadership. Responsibilities include:
· Team building. Recruit, train, develop and appraise non-clinical team, schedule and co-ordinate administrative and clinical meetings.
· Leadership. Supervise, guide, delegate tasks, resolve conflict, foster team spirit and create a positive work and performance culture
· Service management. Coordinate front office workflow, daily operations and staff scheduling.
· Business planning, implementation and monitoring. Implement direction and decisions made by principal and provide information and reports needed for business review.
· Financial management. Supervise running of payroll, reporting, balance sheets and accounts payable and receivable.
· Professional development and accreditation. Maintain current and accurate knowledge of relevant legislation, quality standards and requirements, lead the business through accreditation reviews.
· Communication and conflict resolution. Receive and acknowledge any complaints and actively support resolution.
Proven ability in the following areas:
· Commercial and business acumen
· Leadership skills including the ability to lead a team, coach and support performance and lead change
· Attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
· Communication skills including influence, conflict resolution and ability to manage own emotions in challenging situations
· Ability to work independently and co-operatively across our diverse client group and with our staff
· Presenting the practice in a confident and professional manner with a strong emphasis on confidentiality.
Qualifications and Experience
· Proven track record in business management, people management, budgeting and reporting.
· Proficient in business management systems and software including Microsoft office, Xero, Practice Hub, Best Practice and general medical terminology (or capacity to become proficient in a short time)
· Knowledge of MBS, Medicare incentives, (PIP, PNIP), DVA, Workers Compensation, Veterans Affairs and CVC, Private client billing and daily settlement.
Member of AAPM and relevant business qualifications.
How to apply. Please send your resume to Robyn Mercer (). Please call Robyn on 0408
Experieince with AGPAL accreditaiton process
Experieince with Practice Hub
Experience with Autmoed practice mangment systems
running Best Practice, Automed, Ozdocsonline, Using Xero accounting software.
Owner works, a dn is involved in Business
Just passed accreditation.