headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation and provides early intervention for young people aged 12-25 years with mild to moderate mental health issues.
headspace Lake Haven is seeking expressions of interest from GPs interested in working part-time to offer primary health care to young people from our Centre in Lake Haven (located adjacent to the Lake Haven Shopping Centre).
- Hold all relevant current licenses, registrations and memberships for legal practice as a qualified and registered professional within the state of New South Wales
- Medicare Provider Number issued by Medicare Australia and be registered with Medicare
- Be willing to bulk bill
- Experience in engaging and building rapport with young people 12-25 years
- Experience in supporting young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health problems and developing mental health care treatment plans
headspace Lake Haven has a well established team of experienced clinicians and offers an exciting opportunity to improve the lives of young people aged 12-25 years; to work as part of an experienced multidisciplinary team, and the opportunity to increase skills and experience in working with adolescents.
- Flexible work days, scheduled around your commitments
- Full practise support including reception, billing and general administrative support
- Support from the multidisciplinary team as well as support from other collocated partners (including Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Employment Support, Drug and Alocohol Workers and Social Workers)
- Paperless practice with IT support
- Ongoing referral base from our General Practitioners onsite of young people who have been assessed by the Youth Access team and who are ready to receive services