Unfortunately, this job is no longer available.
Practice Manager Vacancy with Career Progression Opportunities
Administration - Management
Medical Practice Manager
22 Jul 2020
Ad Expiry Date
22 Oct 2020
Purpose of the Role
Provide operational leadership to clinical and support staff to ensure the allocated practice(s) operate efficiently & effectively. Activities will be focused on delivering the core organisational vision of providing better healthcare to rural Australians. The Practice Manager will be expected to deliver set outcomes through both day to day operational functions as well as specific innovation projects as directed by the General Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Core objectives include:
- Point of contact for any operational queries/issues raised by the support, allied health or medical teams.
- Ensure all day to day processes are completed including opening and closing the practice, billing, recalls & reminders, rostering and scheduled reporting.
- Monitor Practice Incentive Programs (PIP) and Workforce Incentive Programs (WIP) to ensure qualification criteria are met and performance is maximal
- Process accounts receivable including reconciling through Xero, online banking and practice management systems
- Monitor petty cash levels
- Monitor and manage the Closing the Gap (CTG) system for the practice(s)
- Assist the General Manager to identify opportunities for improvements in operational policies & procedures, develop innovative solutions and implement updated systems.
- Contribute positively to the development and maintenance of the organisational culture by modelling/signaling company values to staff
- Achievement & maintenance of compliance and accreditation standards
- Practice manager will assume the role of Privacy Officer for assigned practice(s)
- Responsible for proactive management of all essential operational equipment such as practice server, clinical diagnostic and therapeutic equipment in line with operational policies & procedures
- Provide local Human Resources support such as interviewing candidates, providing performance appraisals, coaching and mentoring for the support team staff
- The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company
- Certificate IV or higher in Health Administration, Business Administration (Medical) or related field is very highly regarded
- Certificate IV or higher in Leadership and Management is highly regarded
- Experience in practice management is very highly regarded
- Experience in practice team leader/senior administrator roles are highly regarded
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Xero and Best Practice Medical Software is highly regarded
Skills & Experience
- Medicare knowledge: Familiarity and experience with managing end to end medicare primary care billing for a large, multi-disciplinary practice
- Basic bookkeeping: Knowledge of basic accounts receivable, account payable, chart of account allocation and reconciliation principles
- Leadership: the ability to unite multiple different employee groups to work towards a common goal
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given and carry out allocated administrative duties in an efficient and timely manner.
- Professional & proactive approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident manner
- Positive approach to change
Old Bar Medical Centre
46 Old Bar Road
Old Bar, NSW, 2430