GenHealth, lead agency of the headspace Coffs Harbour service, is seeking expressions of interest from General Practitioners, to provide contracted services within the headspace Coffs Harbour model of care. We are seeking clinicians who are experienced in providing high quality, evidence-based interventions to young people aged 12-25 for our headspace service, funded through MBS.
Practitioners working at headspace Coffs Harbour will operate under the headspace model based around early intervention and service delivery to young people with, or at risk of, mild to moderate mental ill health.
Interested practitioners should submit their EOI by emailing a current CV and cover letter addressing how you meet all the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for EOIs: 9.00am Monday 14 September 2020
For further information, please contact:
Centre Manager, headspace Coffs Harbour
Phone: 02 6652 1878
You must hold approved tertiary qualifications (as required for the service you will be providing) in medicine. You must also be registered with an appropriate professional body. You will have:
• Professional indemnity insurance;
• Have or be eligible for a provider number for Medicare rebates;
• Have or be willing to obtain an ABN;
• Experience in the assessment, diagnosis and provision of evidence-based treatments of mental health disorders;
• Excellent skills in engaging and working with young people, their families and significant others;
• Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills;
• Knowledge of professional codes of conduct, ethics and values and to be aware of legislation which are relevant to young people and service delivery;
• Experience working with a multidisciplinary team;
• A current NSW Working with Children Check (or equivalent); and
• Have a passion for making a difference in the lives of young people.
You will be required to:
• Provide high standard GP assessments of persons experiencing physical and mental health issues;
• Create Mental Health Care Plans for internal referrals, Psychiatrist and Allied Health Services;
• Provide high quality, primary health care services to those accessing headspace Coffs Harbour;
• Respond to medical/health concerns presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate;
• Encourage and support young people to engage with sexual health and drug and alcohol services as well as preventative health care; and
• Use processes and data systems as required by headspace which allow for reporting to headspace National and Healthy North Coast.
headspace centres, like headspace Coffs Harbour, are complex services hubs with enthusiastic and dedicated multi-discipline teams of co-located service providers, offering comprehensive support to young people in the four streams of: physical health, mental health, drug and alcohol services, and vocational/educational services.
We can offer you?
• The opportunity to collaborate with our multi-disciplinary team comprising of our headspace access team, psychiatrists, dietitian and allied health professionals for comprehensive wrap-around clinical care, peer support and seamless referral pathways.
• In return for bulk-billing, you will receive administrative support including appointment bookings and reminders, comfortable youth-friendly consultation rooms, an ongoing base of referrals, and a fantastic collegiate work-environment.
• Support for participation in multi-discipline practice, peer/professional clinical supervision with other health practitioners and professional development.