West Cessnock Medical Practice is one of the largest and busiest General Practice in the Cessnock area. Having recently opened Cessnock Specialist Centre, co-located in the same building WCMP/CSC are looking for a dynamic experienced, professional Practice Manager to manage the daily operations of our practice.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated Practice or Business Manager wanting to take on the challenge of managing 2 sites.
The practice is open Monday – Friday, the successful candidate will be expected to work 4 days a week, however hours are flexible (20 – 24 hours a week).
· Work with Principal GP to develop business strategies and patient services
· Recruit, lead and support a team of Reception and Nursing staff
· Sound understanding and knowledge of MBS billing processes
· Review, design and implement workplace procedures and practice systems
· Maintain and control debtors, creditors and work with Financial Manager to ensure financial viability of practices
· Oversee daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling, billing procedures, patient recalls and reminders, debt collections, cleaning, security, occupational health and safety and maintenance
· Mentoring administrative staff
· Oversee the ordering of medical supplies according to budget allocation
· Maintain computer hardware and software and support IT with managing patient records and IT systems
· Schedule maintenance and upgrades of office and medical equipment
· Build professional working relationships with team members, patients and medical staff
· Build and maintain professional relationships with external clients
· Awareness of current and new legislation to ensure compliance including OHS requirements, privacy and employment obligations
· Manage accreditation and Policy and Procedure manuals.
· Previous experience managing a General Practice
· Experience with Best Practice medical software
· Excellent customer service skills with empathy for patients
· Ability to work both independently with initiative
· A high level of professionalism and personal presentation
· Strong computer skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task in a busy environment
· Excellent attention to detail
Please email you resume and cover letter to email@example.com or contact Lesley on 0419999857 for a confidential discussion about the role. Applications close 21st Sept 2020