An exciting opportunity exists for an Accredited Practising Dietitian to subcontract and contribute to the Inside Health Nutrition team.
Inside Health Nutrition is an emerging dietetic private practice, currently servicing seven (7) separate clinic locations in the Newcastle, Hunter Valley and Lake Macquarie regions. We are focused on delivering personalised dietetic advice of expert, professional quality which is both client and outcome focused.
Employment status: Min. 1-2 days per week (flexible). Potential for increasing hours.
• Provide one-on-one nutrition advice and individualised nutrition counselling to clients with a wide range of medical conditions in private sessions.
• Undertake thorough dietetic assessments and develop and implement personal dietary-care plans to address the needs of your client.
• Effectively engage clients in consultations to improve/ assist in the implementation of basic nutritional principles, dietary plans, diet modifications, healthy eating habits, and food selection and preparation to improve overall wellbeing and, ultimately, quality of life.
• Work collaboratively with physicians and health care professionals, determining and communicating the nutritional needs of clients.
• Work predominantly unsupervised in the clinical setting one-on-one with clients delivering nutrition education and counselling
• Attend and contribute to bi-monthly Inside Health Nutrition team/CPD meetings
• Undertake marketing activities to increase patient referrals
• Be a proactive participant in the clinic environment and contribute to maintaining a strong business relationship on behalf of Inside Health Nutrition
This position would be well suited to someone with prior experience in a private practice setting, however recent graduates with a passion for private practice and those with previous clinical experience are also welcome and encouraged to apply.
We are a professional and dynamic small team of dietitians who work closely together to deliver personalised, client-focused nutrition education and counselling of expert quality to our clients and promote a healthy attitude towards life.
We are looking for a self-motivated dietitian with exceptional communication skills, committed to continuously improving the overall health of their clients through nutrition education and counselling. The position will initially involve approximately 1-2 half-full days per week in the private practice clinical setting.
The opportunity is there for you to shape this role to suit you.
1. Current, valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transport
2. Full membership with (or eligibility for) DAA and Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) status
3. Excellent time management and organisational skills
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Experience working in private practice
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
7. Committed to ongoing professional development and welcome opportunities to learn
8. Willingness to grow their portfolio, including marketing to local doctors and potential referrers
9. Demonstrated ability to quickly develop rapport with people of all demographics
10. Strong computer literacy skills
11. Willingness to contribute to group programs and other work initiatives including social media and blogging (desirable)
12. Demonstrated evidence of further education/training in a specific dietetic area of interest (desirable)
The successful applicant will be engaged as a subcontractor; therefore he/she will be required to additionally have:
1. Own ABN;
2. Own Professional Indemnity Insurance; and
3. Own Medicare Provider Number.