About our organisation and services
GenHealth Inc is a not-for-profit non-government multi-disciplinary organisation providing evidence based primary, specialist, allied and health promotion services. The organisation's provision of accessible and cost-efficient health services is a vital contribution to the wellbeing of individuals, families and the community. GenHealth is lead agency of the Coffs Harbour Women's Health Centre, headspace Coffs Harbour and headspace Grafton.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples' wellbeing (www.headspace.org.au). This is achieved through the Federal Government's funding of headspace Centres throughout Australia via Healthy North Coast. These Centres provide an entry point for young people to access a broad range of services.
headspace Grafton aims to:
· promote early identification and effective, evidence-based interventions;
· improve access to mental health services; and
· specialist providers and primary health care working together within an accessible and integrated service framework.
About the NSW Mid North Coast / Clarence Valley
Located on the beautiful NSW Mid-North Coast around 4 hours’ drive from Brisbane and 6 hours or a short flight from Sydney, our region offers something for everyone. There are many beautiful beaches; headlands with amazing views; rainforests, rivers, and spectacular National Parks and State Forests. Enjoy a diverse range of cafes, restaurants and friendly community towns. If sport is your scene, we have plenty of clubs and facilities within easy reach. Our local Art Galleries will inspire you, and you will enjoy access to a wide range of local shopping, good schools and the opportunity to become part of a supportive local community. Following the recent Pacific Highway upgrades and investment in infrastructure, and affordable housing, you can choose an ideal location for your next career move with your family, and everything will be within a short drive. Our closest communities are Grafton and Maclean, both set on the Clarence River or if you prefer the beach consider Yamba, Corindi, Woolgoolga, or Coffs Harbour with plenty of smaller beach community options in between to choose from.
About the role
The Centre Manager leads, develops, implements, oversees and manages the operations, and the future growth and development of headspace Grafton. Reporting to the GenHealth CEO, the Centre Manager works closely and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to ensure all activities are in accordance with the headspace grant agreement with Healthy North Coast (HNC), and direction provided by GenHealth, the model of headspace Centres as defined by headspace National Office, consortium partners and the Youth Reference Group.
A full list of key responsibilities is outlined in the Position Description, but includes:
· Communicate, promote and progress the vision and strategic plan of the headspace centre amongst staff, consortium partners and the broader community.
· Lead and inspire staff to work in an environment where every individual and team is valued equally
· Lead the management and development of the headspace service model
· Develop the headspace Grafton strategic, business and annual work plans in conjunction with the GenHealth Leadership team, consortium partners and HNC, and ensure deliverables and key performance indicators are achieved.
· In conjunction with the GenHealth Leadership team, manage the headspace contracts and funding agreements and all their deliverables including being the key contact for all matters concerning the contract/s and delivery of the headspace program; managing the headspace budget; and the completion and submission of reporting in relation to the contract/s
· Engage relevant sectors and partners in an integrated model of care, promoting multidisciplinary team work and participation in the headspace program at a local level.
· Convene various committees associated with the headspace program and the youth health sector, organise and participate in committee meetings, including preparation of meeting agendas, minutes, papers and correspondence
To find out more about headspace Grafton follow us on Instagram or FaceBook. Please contact us at email@example.com to obtain a full Position Description for this role.
You will be highly motivated and facilitate excellence in integrated, holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for Young People who access the program, their family and friends, and the wider community. You enjoy the work that you know will help individuals and the community.
You seek opportunities to constantly learn, grow and be challenged through experience. You will have extensive experience at managing multidisciplinary teams, and in operating independently at a high level strategically while reporting remotely to your Leadership team.
You will also have:
· Degree level qualifications coupled with extensive management experience in Allied Health, behavioural/social sciences, youth work, mental health nursing, human resource management or a related discipline.
· A broad understanding of the challenges and experiences of young people in Australia, including specific local community factors that contribute to mental ill-health and the demand for support services.
· Demonstrated experience at managing and developing operational systems for a health or community services organisation, including effectively planning and allocating resources in order to maximise operational efficiency and meet funding deliverables.
· Demonstrated experience at managing all aspects of staff and team performance, including recruitment, staff orientation, supervision, performance reviews, staff disciplinary action, performance development and team building.
· Experience in direct service provision to young people and providing mental health services or programs, including being able to respond effectively to crisis and high risk situations
· Full time position (38 hours per week) available for immediate start
· Base work location is Grafton NSW
· Attractive senior salary is negotiable per annum
· Super Guarantee of 9.5% payable in addition to salary
· As a not-for-profit non-government organisation, GenHealth can offer eligible employees salary package benefits of up to $15,900 per annum + an additional $2,500 in meals, entertainment and holiday accommodation per annum
Written applications should include:
· an outline of your claims to the position demonstrating how you meet each of the essential and desirable criteria listed on the Position Description (contact us for a PD)
· your current resume detailing your skills, qualifications and experience, including the names and contact details for two referees, with at least one referee being a current or most recent supervisor
· an indication of when you would be available to commence work
Email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries to: Belinda Jones (HR Manager) or Paul Chakos (Finance Manager) on (02) 6699 3353
Closing Date for Applications: 9am Monday 19 April 2021